WAXIE’s HR Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of WAXIE’s HR program across 9 main locations in various states across the Western United States. More specifically, the HR Manager works in the areas of recruiting, compensation, employee relations, workers’ compensation, leaves of absence, compliance, and assists with policy and procedure creation. The HR Manager works closely with the Benefits & HRIS Manager as well as the Payroll Manager. The HR Manager has four direct reports which include a Senior Recruiter, an Administrative Assistant, and two HR Generalists. In addition there are five other HR Administrators and a recruiter that indirectly report to the HR Manager.
• Provide guidance and direction to managers and supervisors in the interpretation and administration of personnel policies and procedures, assuring consistency and fairness in all employee relations issues.
• Ensures all divisions are working within the guidelines of compensation and performance appraisal policies. Gives direction and guidance on performance appraisals, merit increases, promotions, demotions, etc.
• Selects, trains, directs, and motivates human resources employees; appraise performance and recommend salary actions for subordinates to ensure a stable and competent organization.
• Manages WAXIE’s Drug and Alcohol program to include a Department of Transportation (DOT) Random Testing program.
• Responds to DFEH, EEOC and wage and hour claims as needed.
• Partners with Benefits & HRIS Manager on maintaining accurate record keeping within WAXIE’s main HCM system.
• Assures timely response to unemployment insurance claims and ensures that WAXIE has a presence on those claims that are disputed and get appealed.
• Provides training on Human Resources related procedures to all newly promoted and hired managers.
• Revises and updates personnel-related forms as needed.
• Oversees WAXIE’s Recruiting program through day to day interactions with WAXIE’s Senior Recruiter. Ensures that job descriptions are up to date for each job posting, applicant data is collected so that it can be reported on and transfer into HRIS. Partners with Senior Recruiter for OFCCP compliance and minority outreach partnerships.
• Partners with Marketing Department and Recruiting Team to ensure that WAXIE has a strong presence on the web and has current information on relevant social media and employer sites like glassdoor.com, indeed.com, themuse.com etc.
• Analyzes data from various HR systems and prepares briefings and reports on turnover, reason for turnover, total number of hires, time to fill, workforce demographics etc.
• Regularly partner with various members of the HR and Corporate Team on special projects as they arise.
• Interacts with all local HR Reps at each WAXIE location on an ongoing basis.
• Travel to divisions as needed.
• Manage vendor relationships with various vendor partners such as iCIMS, themuse.com, glassdoor.com, indeed, Zurich, etc.
• Provides periodic Human Resources training to all Human Resources Administrators at all divisions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
• Ability to retain confidential information.
• Strong knowledge of California employment law, including micro regions employment law (e.g. City of San Francisco).
• Strong familiarity of leaves of absence.
• Familiarity with OFCCP and Affirmative Action Plans.
• Experience drafting disciplinary or legal correspondence.
• Ability to effectively prioritize.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Previous experience managing direct reports, locally and remotely.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
• Experience with ADP, e-time, iCIMS.
• HR Certification.
• Familiarity with Personality Profile Assessments (DISC, Myers-Briggs, etc).
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer